Saturday, March 15, 2008

I Am Legend... NOT

I skipped out of the house today, while my older daughter was having her 15th birthday celebration with her friends. I decided to treat myself to a movie. I made a bad choice.

I Am Legend with Will Smith– another dreary depiction of a possible future here on earth. "God has a plan." "There is no God!" an angry Will Smith yells. A deadly virus resulting from a supposed cure for cancer killed 95% of earth's population and only a lucky few are holding up in the beautiful hills of Vermont.

I walked out into the parking lot, snow gracefully drifting to the pavement and I felt grateful. Grateful that my family was at home celebrating another year of my daughter's life, grateful that I have a different vision of what our collective future holds, and grateful that I know the universal life force that created this planet, by whatever name you call it, has given us free agency to do what our true nature of love can only do and that is to expand, become more and create only beauty.

I Am, which we each are, is legend. Now it is time to be it!

No comments: