Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Power Yoga on the Edge

I just had the privilege of spending last weekend with an amazing yoga master by the name of Bryan Kest.
Over 100 passionate yogi's ( practitioners of yoga) from the Salt Lake valley came together for three days to participate in his power yoga workshop.

The event was an amazing combination of focusing on our strength, stamina, and determination on all levels, as well as exploring our surrendering, gentleness, gratitude, and purity and openness of heart'

I realize when I am teaching yoga how completely focused I am on my students in class, ( goes without saying) and when I become the student, how much more difficult the practice is when I am completely focused on the practice, my body, breath and the whole experience on my mat.

This past weekend I was taken to the edges of my power, my inner power, my clarity of mind, my ability to let go, surrender, trust and completely be in the moment to the point that I totally lost track of space and time. I was there so present to my breath and in my body that at times I could not even discern the difference between my body, mind and heart, it all became one, like yoking back to the oneness of my mind, spirit and body.

I have known for years that the word yoga is derived from the sanskrit word "YUJ" which means to unite, yolk back, to become one.
I have just never experienced going to the those edges of that oneness like I did with Bryan and this community of passionate spiritual beings.

Going to this place with 100 other people was such a new experience, where the energy in the room was electrifying, alive, and vibrating, and by the last day as we sat in a 24 minute meditation of becoming centered, letting gratitude bleed from our hearts, and tears of compassion flow down our face, we had not only changed the chemistry and cellular makeup of our bodies, we had also altered our hearts and shifted the consciousness on this planet.

Thank you for your gift to this community Bryan,

Namaste',

Cynthia

No comments: